- BNI Forty Foot is a chapter of BNI based in Dun Laoghaire, meeting every Thursday morning for a structured breakfast meeting at which we pass business referrals. Though the chapter is based in Dun Laoghaire, our members come from a wide geographical area such Blackrock, Sallynoggin, Foxrock, Monkstown, Sandymount and Sandycove. Even Arklow and Ranelagh!
- BNI is the most successful business networking organisation in the world, with over 120,000 members.
- BNI allows one representative from each profession to join a group, or chapter. This ensures that you “own” the category that you represent, i.e. that no competitor can join your group.
- The sole purpose of the group is to give its members more business. It is based on the concept that “what goes around, comes around”.
- “Word of mouth” is the most cost-effective form of advertising possible. BNI provides a professional structured environment for the development and exchange of quality business referrals for both men and women.
- When BNI members meet someone new that could use your products or services, they hand out your business card and personally recommend your services.
- All BNI members pay €600 + VAT annually to BNI. In addition, the members of the Forty Foot Chapter pay €50 monthly for the room hire and breakfast charge.
How do I get to attend a chapter meeting, and is there a charge?
- Just contact Daphne Wynne who looks after chapter growth, or any of the members. We welcome all visitors and there is no charge to attend a sample meeting or two.
How should I prepare for the meeting?
- Bring at least 30 business cards;
- We will ask you during the meeting to tell us about your business. Have a short verbal presentation ready;
- Come early – 6.45am. The meeting starts at 7am and finishes at 8.30am sharp.
If I wanted to explore joining the group, what is the process?
- Firstly, you attend a meeting to establish that your “category” is free within the group.
- Secondly, you complete an application form (the Membership team will help you with this)
- Then the Membership Committee meets to consider your application and check your references.
Do I need to have a sponsor?
- The BNI process is based on “word of mouth”, so before you come to a meeting, you will have spoken to someone or been invited by someone in the group.
What occupations benefit the most from networking?
- It is not the occupation that is key, it is the individual. The occupation can be anything. If you’re focussed and willing to make a commitment to the group, the group will respond accordingly. BNI tends to attract positive, motivated people who want to help each other succeed.
How much does membership cost?
- All BNI members pay €620 + VAT annually to BNI. In addition, the members of the Forty Foot Chapter pay €50 monthly for the hotel’s room hire and breakfast charge.