Welcome to Forty Foot BNI
We are a chapter of BNI based in Dun Laoghaire. We meet every Thursday morning to pass business referrals.
- BNI Forty Foot is a chapter of BNI based in Dun Laoghaire, meeting every Thursday morning for a structured breakfast meeting at which we pass business referrals. Though the chapter is based in Dun Laoghaire, our members come from a wide geographical area such Blackrock, Sallynoggin, Foxrock, Monkstown, Sandymount and Sandycove. Even Arklow and Ranelagh!
- BNI is the most successful business networking organisation in the world, with over 290,000 members.
- BNI allows one representative from each profession to join a group, or chapter. This ensures that you “own” the category that you represent, i.e. that no competitor can join your group.
- The sole purpose of the group is to give its members more business. It is based on the concept that “what goes around, comes around”.
- “Word of mouth” is the most cost-effective form of advertising possible. BNI provides a professional structured environment for the development and exchange of quality business referrals for both men and women.
- When BNI members meet someone new that could use your products or services, they hand out your business card and personally recommend your services.
How do I get to attend a chapter meeting, and is there a charge?
How should I prepare for the meeting?
- Bring at least 30 business cards;
- We will ask you during the meeting to tell us about your business. Have a short verbal presentation ready;
- Come early – 6.45am. The meeting starts at 7am and finishes at 8.30am sharp.
If I wanted to explore joining the group, what is the process?
- Firstly, you attend a meeting to establish that your “category” is free within the group.
- Secondly, you complete an application form (the Membership team will help you with this)
- Then the Membership Committee meets to consider your application and check your references.
Do I need to have a sponsor?
- The BNI process is based on “word of mouth”, so before you come to a meeting, you will have spoken to someone or been invited by someone in the group.
What occupations benefit the most from networking?
- It is not the occupation that is key, it is the individual. The occupation can be anything. If you’re focussed and willing to make a commitment to the group, the group will respond accordingly. BNI tends to attract positive, motivated people who want to help each other succeed.
How much does membership cost?
- For full details on membership costs contact Daphne Wynne – [email protected]
What makes BNI so good for business?
Simple, 92% of all consumers report that a word-of-mouth recommendation is the “leading reason they buy a product or service.” This shows the importance of grounding your business strategy with a focus on recommendations.
This is how BNI works, by passing recommendations, or as we call them, referrals. We believe in the philosophy that givers gain. If I give you business, you will want to give me business.
Plus, all the referrals are pre qualified. It is important that all referrals represent a genuine opportunity for business. It’s as simple as that and that is why it works.
Belonging to BNI is like having dozens of sales people working for you. When members meet someone who could use your products or services they hand your card out and recommend you. It’s as simple as that!
For up to date information on how much business is being done in BNI Ireland please see www.bni.ie